CAT Exam 2022
CAT Exam Registrations for 2022: The last date will soon expire. The registration process is currently accessible at the official CAT website, iimcat.ac.in, and costs Rs. 2300/-. The deadline for CAT Registration is September 14 at 5 PM. The Common Admission Test (CAT) is administered by one of the top six IIMs. It is the required entrance test for MBA/PGP admission to 100+ B-schools. On November 27, 2022, IIM Bangalore will conduct the CAT in three sessions, each for two hours.
You must submit an application for CAT 2022 right now! Especially if you wish to study MBA at IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Kozhikode, Indore, or any other IIM. Each session of the IIM CAT 2022 will last for two hours and take place on Sunday, November 27, 2022. The morning session of CAT will run from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. The afternoon session will run from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm. And the evening session will be from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Due to security reasons, you must arrive at the CAT test centre around two hours before the test is scheduled to start. Please note that starting in 2023, admission to the IIMs, including FMS Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, SPJIMR, seven IITs and many other prestigious business schools, will only be based on the CAT score.
Check out the thorough explanations for each CAT exam point below.
What is CAT Exam?
All 20 IIMs, FMS Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, SPJIMR Mumbai, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, NITIE Mumbai, IIT Kharagpur, and hundreds of other top B-schools in India require applicants to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2022 in order to be considered for MBA admission in 2023. Every year, more than two lakh applicants take the CAT exam to get admission to the MBA programmes provided by the IIMs and other top MBA universities in India.
Important Points Regarding the Exam
- A computer-based test administered at more than 400 test locations and more than 155 test cities
- From three hours, the CAT exam is now only two hours long as of 2020.
- Three areas of the exam—Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning; and Quantitative Ability—are included.
- There is a fixed individual time limit to attempt each section in the exam.
- Based on CAT 2022 Exam score, the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) will offer admission and would not allow any other test score.
According to CAT experts and best scorers, the exam is not particularly challenging but requires timely and intelligent preparation to pass with a high score. For this reason, to achieve the 99th percentile on the CAT, one must follow a smart IQ-based preparation plan rather than stuffing their head with intense knowledge-based study methods. Every year, more than 2 lakh applicants register and submit CAT applications. More than 2.30 lakh students applied for the CAT 2021 exam last year, and 1.92 lakh people gave the exam.
How to Apply for CAT 2022? Step by Step CAT Registration & Application Process
The CAT 2022 form-filling process entails two steps: submitting the CAT exam registration form and the CAT exam application form with the appropriate fees. The following are key points about the CAT 2022 Registration & Application form and the step-by-step instructions for filling it out:
- The CAT 2022 Exam Registration process is online.
- You can apply for CAT 2022 online only on the official CAT website.
- The registration fee is Rs. 2300/- for General candidates. The application process for CAT 2022 commences in August, the first week after CAT Notification 2022. The CAT exam fee should only be paid online.
CAT 2022 Registration: Step by Step Process
The candidate can do registration and application process for CAT 2022 in 3 main steps. A few more phases are separated into the main step. If your computer has good network connectivity, you have all the necessary documents, scanned images of your photo and signature that are the proper size, and you use online fee payment methods like credit/debit cards, Net Banking, you can complete your CAT Registration & Application process in about 20 to 30 minutes.
1. Create a profile on the CAT website at iimcat.ac.in.
2. Finish completing the registration and application form.
3. Pay the CAT registration fee online.
CAT Exam Pattern 2022: Key Changes & Revised Structure
Since 2015, CAT exam has undergone numerous changes. Some of the significant changes in CAT over the past ten years are:
- In 2014, CAT expanded the exam time limit to 3 hours, lowered the testing window to two days and added a single 3-hour session to the exam.
- In 2015, the CAT shortened the testing window to one day and added two 3-hour slots. The CAT exam now has three sections instead of the previous two. TITA questions without a penalty for failing were first made available.
- In 2020, the CAT reduced the no. of questions to 76, cut the testing period in half to 2 hours, and increased the number of testing slots to 3 from 2.
- In 2021, CAT further reduced the number of questions to 66 to allow more time for the test takers to attempt. There is no change in the test duration of 2 hours.
CAT 2022: Current CAT pattern
The current CAT Pattern in terms of time allotted, the number of questions and the number of sections is as follows:
- 120 min. Exam: The CAT 2022 is a 2-hour computer-delivered test; it is not an online exam.
- 66 Questions: Similar to last year, the CAT 2022 exam will consist of 66 questions split into three categories: VARC, DILR, and Quantitative Ability.
- 18–20 No Penalty Questions: There will be 18–20 questions out of 66 that will not receive a negative grade. There are MCQ and non-MCQ questions in the CAT 2022 exam, and there is no negative marking for non-MCQ questions.
- 48–50 CAT Questions with Negative Marking: More than 48 MCQ-style questions in CAT 2022 will result in a penalty of 1/3 negative marking.
- IIMs will shortlist applicants for the final admission phase based on a minimum qualifying score in each of the three areas of CAT 2022 between the 70 and 90 percentile.
- IIM Shortlisting Requirements In addition to having a high exam score in each of the three areas, IIMs favour applicants with strong academic backgrounds and a variety of professional experiences.